Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yay for weekends

I've gotta say - I have had a great weekend. Here is a list of things that made this weekend awesome:

- I refashioned this dress
(it was a second because it had a rip in it)...

into this skirt!



- Friday night we went to Madam Fling Flongs, which I had never been to before, but is probably now my most favourite local bar

- I got my free Sydney Design Pocketbook (so many interesting events coming up!)

- I bought some organic Aussie wool from A Coffee and a Yarn (great coffee/knitting shop on King St, Newtown) and started crocheting a baby blanket for two friends who will be three friends in September

- We had Circus Sunday in the park today which involved hula hoops, friends, juggling, snacks, slacklining (like tight rope), sunshine and lots of cute pups who stopped by to visit (or steal snacks)

- I made Hommus

- Sam, being the excellent beer homebrewer that he is, won a homebrewing competition and gets to brew a beer at the Lord Nelson, Sydney's oldest licenced hotel, which is also a microbrewery. He was so excited to find out that he jumped up and down all day

- We watched more Northern Exposure, which we are quite hooked on at the moment

Hope your weekend was awesome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment