Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Saturday, June 16, 2012

All moved in


So we are all moved in to our new home!  Yay!


 We’ve been spending the last few weeks doing the final bits and pieces of the unpacking and putting the finishing touches on the house.  I’ve also been cooking lots of lovely warm wintery dishes (I splurged and bought a cast iron cooking pot, which is being used every weekend at the moment), knitting my slow socks, and generally snuggling up on the couch.  That’s what winter is all about, right?


Of course, I was itching to use my sewing machine as soon as it was unpacked, so I whipped up a table runner and cushion covers, as our previous cushion covers were old, faded and didn’t match at all.  So here is the first glimpse of the new house – even if it is just the dining table.  It is tucked under the stairwell which leads upstairs.


We’ve been getting LOADS of mandarins in our veggie co-op delivery, being citrus season and all.  I’m not much of a mandarin eater.  Any suggestions for good mandarin recipes?  Has anyone successfully made mandarin jam/marmalade?

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying your new house! (You could make body oil with the fruit...it smells wonderful) Or just squeeze them & have loads of lovely juice to drink?

    http://www.thriftyhousehold.co.uk/2011/12/gold-frankincense-and-myrrh-body-oil.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging that fabric, its gorgeous. Not a fan of mandarin's either, but a friend of mine puts hers in fruit smoothies with banana, watermelon and apple juice, tastes yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fallen in love with mandarins this winter, I think it's the Vitamin C my baby is craving :)

    Billy Law (masterchef contestant from last year) has a Mandarin Marmalade recipe on his website - http://www.atablefortwo.com.au/2010/08/11/mandarin-marmalade/

    I've also made a few whole orange cakes which are great for me as they are gluten free. I saw a Mandarin and Pistachio cake on the Taste website which I've been thinking about making - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20082/whole+mandarin+pistachio+cake

    ReplyDelete