Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Inspiration



When I came back from overseas I brought with me a head full of ideas of things I wanted to sew, knit, crochet, make etc. I also saw some excellent crafting on show - particularly around the Grassmarket in Edinburgh where there is some really clever vintage clothing refashioning going on.

The above pic is just some bits and pieces of inspiration that I picked up; Teatowel from the fabulous Anthropologie store in London, Angora bunny wool from the Orkney Islands that I bought at K1 Yarns in Edinburgh (oh to have my own fluffy bunny farm!), Hypotrochoid set that I got at the Tate Modern in London so that I can draw spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals...

Anyway, today's adventure is into the world of screenprinting. More on that later (hopefully a success story).

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet collection. and isn't anthropologie amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! If only they shipped to Australia! That could be hazardous to my bank balance though.

    ReplyDelete