Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Monday, February 8, 2010

Love Amulets


My latest stitching project is making amulets. I'm not sure why exactly the idea popped into my head, other than that I like pretty hangy things, and it's always a bit more special when someone has given you one of those pretty hangy things that is supposed to bring you luck, love, fortune, or whatever it is that you need.

So, getting into the Valentinesy mood, I decided to start with some love amulets in the shape of sweet acorns. According to The Wicca Spellbook by Gerina Dunwich (Citadel Press, 1998), an acorn carried in your purse, pocket or charm bag will help attract the opposite sex to you (even more so if you annoint it with musk oil!).



These are going to go up in my Etsy shop this week.

Do you know someone who needs a little bit of love? Maybe they would like one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment