Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Moving

Holey dooley - Melbourne to Sydney move is coming up so quickly! In two weeks I will be moving into my new pad in Sydney's inner west, setting up my new craft desk, finding my new favourite wool supplier... eeek! Right now my whole house looks like a shrine to cardboard boxes. Packing up my crafty stuff was especially difficult - what if I suddenly get the urge to stitch me a new, um, something in the next two weeks? What will I do then? I did leave one knitting project out though, so at least I will have something to keep my fingers busy when I'm not working, studying, going to circus class, watching Deadwood etc.

One of the downsides of packing is coming across all the Works in Progress (WIPs) that were never finished. Some of them are years old. Ok, it's time to name and shame. Here are some that I came across today.

Exhibit A: Kusudama


This cute little box of folded things is due to become one of those amazing japanese origami ornaments. One day.

Exhibit B: Paintings

These two paintings got to a certain stage then were forgotten. I still like the designs (which were off the top of my head) but maybe not the background colour so much. Hopefully new Sydney house will have a perfect place for them to hang, and I'll be inspired to finish them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment