Guess what? Guess what? I have been given an award! Yup, the Versatile Blogger award.
I was given the award by talented belly-dancer and vaudeville-style clothing and accessory maker, Leanne from Prairiesque. Thank you, Leanne!
Now, how this award works is that I have some tasks to undertake:
* Thank & link back to the person who gave you this award
* Share 7 things about yourself
* Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
* Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award, and let the giver know you accept the award
Ok, so here we go. Seven things about me. Well, umm...
1. I love the circus. I take acrobatics lessons and I just got a circus themed tattoo.
2. I have two pet guinea pigs, Winston and Clementine. They are best buddies.
3. I just completed a Masters degree in Commerce. Hooray for finishing uni!
4. I have started writing a book about my grandma's life. I interview her when I visit Queensland (where she lives). It's a work in progress. We aren't rushing.
5. I collect Paul Jennings books. Maybe you read them when you were a kid - Unreal, Undone, Uncanny etc. They are still fun to read as an adult.
6. I really like mountains, but don't really like the ocean. I'm an earth sign. Books about mountains (like Heidi) are awesome.
7. (Shameless self promotion) I have just started selling some vintage sewing patterns online here. I just don't have time to sew them all!
And now (drumroll) I am pleased as punch to pass this award onto 10 other wonderful bloggers:
1. Scandi Foodie. Maria makes the most drool-worthy meals, Finnish-style, right here in Sydney.
2. Hello Sandwich. It's not fair. Ebony gets to play in Tokyo making fun crafty things. I am jealous.
3. Pepperstitches. Pepper makes life seem easy and simple, and a little bit stitchy. I need to take a leaf out of her book.
Pepper's flea market finds
4. My Darling Darlinghurst. Violet's wonderful blog about one Sydney suburb has been excellent for me, a Sydney newbie.
5. Km-17. I have no idea what this blog says - it's in French and I don't speak any French. I love looking at the French boheme-chic sewing creations though.
6. Copenhagen Cycle Chic. I actually had to unsubscribe from this one because the pictures are too beautiful and it hurts my heart. Search for Cycle Chic in your city though - you are likely to find one.
7. Fia Lotta Jansson. She rocks and she thrifts. Sofie is a superstar.
8. aMoment. Is this a blog? Nevermind, it's wonderful.
9. Tilly and the Buttons. This girl can sew! Love her style.
10. Paperklip. Melinda cuts paper and makes it beautiful. She has an eye for vintage lovelies and is raising a family of little vikings.