Then some difficulty sets in. Some seams don't match together quite right. You run out of bobbin thread halfway through an intricate stitch. You accidentally cut a hole in the item while overlocking (don't talk to me about it). Then you're at the hump.
|Say it ain't so: a hole accidentally cut in the front of my shorts|
|It's about here the instructions started making no sense whatsoever|
That's where I was at with my Bella shorts at the beginning of the weekend. I was having a hard time trying to bring myself to look at the next step of the instructions, let alone tackle any unpicking or fixing that needed to happen. But I did, and little by little, I moved towards a finished pair of shorts.
The shorts are still not completely finished, but they are getting close. They have pockets. They have a hems. They have buttonholes (no buttons, mind you, but that's not such a difficult step). They are probably going to need a little taking in at the back, which could be tricky, but not the type of tricky that makes you avoid picking them up. I'm glad to say that I'm over the my shorts-sewing hump. And soon, very soon, I will be able to show you the finished product.