Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Monday, February 20, 2012

Pasta

Lately I have been extremely busy at work.  I generally do one of two things to wind down after a hectic day - sewing or cooking.  A few weekends ago I decided to go all out and make my own pasta and pasta sauce.  I had never tried bottle conditioning pasta sauce before (filling the bottles with uncooked sauce, then putting the whole bottles in water to boil), but it seems to have worked nicely.  Some photos of my pasta making adventures...











Nom.

3 comments:

  1. This looks super delicious. Making pasta seems fun! How about adding some herbs to the dough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks so delicious! I've never made pasta from scratch before and I think that really needs to change!

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, herbs in the dough would be very yummy - great idea Leo!

    HoH - making your own pasta is a little time consuming, but it is very satisfying and tastes really good. Packet pasta is cheap, but it rarely has flavour, and freshly made pasta has that springy texture that you just can't get from the dried variety.

    ReplyDelete