Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Leggings for winter

There's nothing more comfy and easy to wear in winter than leggings.  I needed to boost my casual winter wardrobe, so I bought three types of fabric for making leggings.


Now you're probably thinking that leggings are not a very exciting sewing adventure to be blogging about, however I did draft the pattern myself from an existing pair of leggings.  There is an element of risk in doing this, because you need to be sure that the stretch of both the original leggings and the new fabric are the same, or could end up with one tight pair of pants!


With my first draft of the pattern I made this black pair. They weren't perfect but were definitely wearable.  So I tweaked the pattern a bit and then used the new pattern to make this patterned pair.


 I quite like the fun colours in this pair.  The fit was better, but still needed a bit more tweaking.  Then with the final changes I made this silvery grey pair.


And there you have it - three new pairs of leggings, and a self-drafted pattern to hold onto for future legging making.  I guarantee these will get good wear this winter!

3 comments:

  1. They're great! I need to follow your example & get making...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, leggings is something i've been wanting to make too, but i don't like the footless sort very much... do you think if i just make them a bit longer and sew across the toes that would work??

    ooh saw your worm farm too! they look happy. i'd like one one day. and guinea pigs too!

    ReplyDelete