Thursday, November 11, 2010
This week I signed up for two stitchy challenges.
1. Remember the knitted cardigan/shrug that I started, oh... I don't know, a year ago? Well it's still going (above). Hey - it at least has sleeves now.
Anyway, the lovely Sofie from Fia Lotta Jansson is having a blog challenge to show your unfinished knit projects and finally find that motivation to get them finished.
My goal is now to finish the shrug by the end of this year.
2. I signed up for Wardrobe Refashion. If you haven't seen this site, it is A-MAZ-ING. Stitchers all over the world have pledged to refashion old clothes into new ones or make new ones from scratch, rather than buying them. I just signed up for a 2 month pledge.
Unfortunately, Nikki who runs Wardrobe Refashion has decided to discontinue the site and move onto other things. Nikki has done a brilliant job of running the site for a number of years, but many of us will be sad to see it go. It has been a source of inspiration and ideas for me for some time.
Regardless, I am going to stick to my pledge. So during November and December, there are a few home-made or refashioned items that I want to finish:
1. The shrug mentioned above
2. A dress I am making to wear on Christmas day
3. A purple top that I have the pattern and fabric for (fabric from Reverse Garbage)
4. A shirt-dress out of a men's business shirt that was given to me
5. Something out of some over-sized t-shirts
6. Some cute softie toys out of old jumpers