Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Friday, December 23, 2011

The bow belt


Only two sleeps until Christmas my friends!  I can't wait!  And guess what?  I have one Christmas gift that I have made which I can show you... this bow belt which is for my Mum.  How do I know that my Mum isn't going to see this?  Because she's actually at the airport right now, about to hop on a plane to come and spend Christmas with me.  And once she's here I'm going to keep her well and truly busy glazing the ham, making salads, and when she's not busy in the kitchen I will make sure she has a drink firmly planted in her hand - and that she goes nowhere near my blog.  Should be easy!


This fabric bow belt is modelled off the clever original made by Tilly of Tilly and the Buttons, and you can find all the instructions on her blog. The fabric is actually the off-cut from a 2nd hand skirt that I bought in Antwerp - I shortened the skirt and this was the leftover fabric!


This is me trying it on for size before I give it to my Mama.  Do you think she'll like it?

Merry Xmas all!

1 comment:

  1. Good work! I'm sure she'll love it. Nothing like a handmade gift to make someone's day. Hope you have a lovely time with your family.

    ReplyDelete