Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Monday, May 14, 2012

This year's socks


Sydney has definitely turned on the cooler weather lately, and so I've been finding a cosy place to sit (usually on the bed) and picking up the knitting needles again.

You might remember my adventures knitting this pair of socks as I travelled through Europe last year.  Sadly, no European holiday this year, but I will aim to knit at least one pair of socks.  This yarn is even finer than the type I used last year, and I am using teensy little size 2 needles.  Every stitch is so little - it's probably going to take me ten years to finish knitting them.

I do like the idea of this being a slow project though.  Most things I make I feel a sense of urgency about, especially if I want to wear it NOW.  But socks are a good slow project, with no sense of deadline, don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment