Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Party time!

Last night friends of ours had a housewarming party, and at the last minute I decided to whip up some sewn gift bags to give some small gifts in.


I took some blocks of fabric from my stash and shaped them into little tote style bags.  One would be a plain flat carry bag with handles, the other a round-base bag for carrying a bottle of wine.  The fabric with birds and trees was kindly given to me by Nikkishell.  The print says 'home sweet home' - perfect for housewarming party gifts!



Very simple, but a nice handmade touch and I'm glad I made the effort (even if I was rushing to finish them off 10 minutes before other friends showed up at the door to come with us to the party).


And what went into the bags?  Homemade pickles and sauce of course!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely, thoughtful friend you are, all handmade! These are the best gifts.

    ReplyDelete