Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Monday, March 5, 2012

Nifty gifties


If you know me, you will know that I will rarely let a birthday slip by without a handmade gift.  Let's be honest - none of us really need more stuff, so I'm unlikely to go out and spend a mint on gifts.  Instead, I go out and spend a mint on crafty supplies.  Well, not always, but when it's my Mum's birthday I'm willing to make the exception : )


I bought this woven silk fabric from a specialty fabric store in Sydney.  It was not cheap!  Hence, I was afraid to cut into it at first - one small slip with the scissors could have ended in disaster.  Thankfully it all turned out ok - I used Burdastyle's Sarah pattern to make this jacket/cape/bolero.  It's lovely and snuggly for when the autumny weather starts to settle in.


I only got to take a few quick photos before wrapping it up to be posted to my Mum.  And she loves it! I think it's a winner!



1 comment: