Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Knitted baby vest

A few weeks ago I became an Aunty to a very sweet little niece.  What better excuse do I need to craft some cute things?


I actually started on this knitted baby vest before we knew if we were getting a niece or a nephew.  I was having a long weekend in the Hunter Valley and picked up some red baby alpaca wool, and just knew I needed to start knitting something for the little one.


I combined bits of different online patterns to make this vest and drew up the diamond pattern myself.  It worked really well!


There is one extra special thing about this vest, and that is the little green apple button.  A couple of Christmases ago, boyfriend's mum gifted me her button collection - the same buttons that boyfriend and his sister used to play with as kids.  One of those buttons was this little green apple - so it has essentially been passed down from one generation to the next, and now the one after that.



I just can't get over how damn cute this vest is.  So little!

3 comments:

  1. this is sooo gorgeous. well done. love the addition of the apple button

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that is so cute!! Wish I had the patience to knit.

    - Adele @ Mammy Made

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! Well done! Where did you find the apple button?

    ReplyDelete